Request a New ShipStation Feature

We want to hear from you! Tell us what changes, enhancements, or completely new features you would like to see added to ShipStation. Post & explain your ideas here so all our customers can vote on them. By the way, ideas that get the most votes are more likely to get our attention, so make it easily understandable (some examples are also a good idea). While we can’t guarantee we’ll build it, asking never hurts, right? ;)

Before you post your idea, make sure to look around to see if someone already posted it.

Remember the more votes, the more attention we give the idea…

Let the voting begin!

What feature would you like to see us add?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Take away the duplicate shipping screen

When I select "create label" I want it to... create the label.. not take me to the SAME screen to yet again select.. "Create Label" It is an extra step that takes time.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have one button to print both label and packing slip

It would really help to speed things up if you could choose to prompt the print screens for both labels and packing slips. Creating a printing queue could also help with printing management.

Thanks

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keyboard shortcuts!

I prefer to use my keyboard whenever possible. Other web apps such as Gmail, Evernote, etc are FULL of useful keyboard shortcuts that make it possible to use almost every feature and navigate the UI without a mouse.

ShipStation could benefit from similar shortcuts. For instance:

- On ANY popup window with an "X" which closes the window, the "ESC" key should close the window. I hate having to mouse over to that "X" to close them!

- There should be shortcuts that jump the UI immediately to the Orders, Shipments, Products, and Customers pages. In Gmail, "gi" goes to…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring back ability to control the default state of "Notify Marketplace"

The new UI does not set this as a default, so we end having orders that appear unfulfilled in our shop event though they were fulfilled because some users forget to check "Notify Marketplace".

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Captialize Customer Shipping Name and Address

Customers often enter their name and shipping address in lower case, which looks unprofessional when printing on invoices/pack lists etc.

We would like to suggest the option for ShipStation to automatically capitalize these entries.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to Rename Batch

The ability to rename batches would be great. There is now the ability to have multiple batches, which great for sorting orders waiting to be fulfilled. However, it is not very easy to sort without memorizing which batch # is for which group of orders for that day. If there was a way to even add a keyword to the end of the batch number [ex. batch#1234567 - product] So that when I am sorting through a zillion orders assigning them to each batch they need to be in, it is much easier to remember which batch to put them…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Don't double import order onto ship station order screen

I have two different marketplaces set up for SS: Shopify and StitchLabs. I love and need them both for different reasons. When orders come in online through Shopify, the order is duplicated in Stitchlabs for inventory purposes.

The problem is that this one order comes through in duplicate on SS, which means that I have to mark the duplicate as "shipped" which is annoying, but not the end of the world. The worst part is that if I mark the duplicates as shipped first, then both of the orders become designated as shipped according to SS, so then the marketplace…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Insurance on COST, not RETAIL price

When insuring a package, we want to be able to insure just the COST of the product if damaged or went missing, not the RETAIL VALUE. Currently your software takes the full retail value and uses that to determine the insurance amount. This doesn't make sense as shipping carriers will only reimburse you on the cost, not the retail value.

This is a fault, as no system is set up like this.

If I lose a $1000 item, but it only cost me $100, Fedex will only credit me $100.

So why am I paying insurance on $1000 if I’d…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add an Intergration for gunbroker.com (basically ebay for hunting / shooting accessories)

GunBroker.com is the world's largest online auction site for firearms and hunting/shooting accessories. We are starting to list on this site and would love to see Shipstation add an integration.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Actually "Keep me logged In" when I check that box

For those of us with a dedicated/secure computer, or who have staff that don't all need their own account, it would be lovely if the log-in feature "keep me logged in" actually kept me logged in. Like, forever unless I log off.

As a second-best, I'd take a "remember me" option that allows my browser's autofill to autofill my username *and* password.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please add the ability to delete email templates

Currently you can create a new template and then copy an existing template but there is no function to delete a template. This is not a pressing need but there is no need for old, unused templates to sit there and clutter the process.

Thanks!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. trackable FedEx FIMS Mailview integration

Please integrate with FedEx International MailService Mailview with tracking numbers. Shipments through Mailview consist of 2 tracking numbers: one air waybill tracking number trackable through FedEx.com to their sort facility in Chicago. The second tracking looks like this "RE510453344SE". This second number always (to my knowledge) starts with "RE" and is trackable at the sites below and also trackable from the recipients national postal website.

Site where we create labels:
    http://www.fimsform.com/

Shipper tracking portal
    http://mailviewshipper.fedex.com/

Recepient tracking portal
    http://mailviewrecipient.fedex.com/

FIMS Mailview phone number: (call for more information)

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Document Formats should be user based

If one user wants to print labels using 8.5 x 11 and another user uses 4 x 6, those settings should be saved per user as opposed to a global setting.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Address confirmation through UPS

LOVE Shipstation. We use primarily USPS for our shipments but do use UPS enough times to make this request.

We would like the option to be able to use UPS's address verification system when choosing a shipping vendor.

Shipstation uses Encidia by default, which works great. But it does not play well with UPS's address database. Many times we have chosen UPS as the shipper and then been billed an additional $3 to $7 after the fact because once the package is delivered, we receive confirmation that the package went to a "remote destination". And UPS charges for deliveries to…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Rate Calculator for Shipments with multiple packages

It would be nice to see a Rate Caclulator for shipments with multiple packages, currently under rate calculator ->more options, I can only add one parcels dimensions.

We very commonly have shipments with multiple packages that we have to "guess rates" or use shipping carriers online portals which is cumbersome.

Imagine having to use 3 online portals to get rates from 3 carriers then emailing the customer the rate options.

I assume there are a lot of businesses like ours that ship multiple packages to the same recipient who want a one stop shop to get a quote to send…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Automatic Get Rate

It would be great if there is an automation for the get rate process and the rates are set as orders refreshed.
    If I have all the Product Defaults entered and set for an item (weight, shipping carrier, shipping method, etc) it would be nice to have an option where i can opt to calculate rate automatically when the item is ordered. so we dont have to click get rate individually or by bulk, we could simply proceed to load shipping dock with a glance over all on the order screen
    This would be save time to volume shippers like…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Generate a link to return shipping labels

I would like to be able to manually send my customers a link from where they can print return shipping labels. I know that Shipstation sends that automatically. However, sometimes the email address that the customers have in there is not good and they are claiming that they never receive the labels. As ebay will not allow us to send pdf files through their messaging system, a link to the label will do.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. email a label

on the print label screen, where it says (save to pdf, print to google cloud print, etc.) I wish there was an option to "email label to" that would open up my email client and automatically attach the label. i can do this manually by downloading, of course, but it would be super cool if it was automated as a choice. i email a lot of labels to my different shipping warehouses... and it would be a great time saver not to have to download, write an email, upload and send. :-) colette

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Box size drop down menu

Be able to have drop down menu for your companies box sizes. It would speed up the shipping process especially when the carriers go to dimensional pricing! Please hurry that goes into effect January 1.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ancillary Services and Endorsements on labels

We specifically need to add ancillary services and endorsements on our labels. Turns out that this is not even an option at this point. This causes major issues for us as items that are shipped to undeliverable addresses, and forwarded addresses are not able to get sent back unless they have this .. meaning customers don't get their items and we end up losing so much money shipping over and over.. Please!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 64 65
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base