Request a New ShipStation Feature

We want to hear from you! Tell us what changes, enhancements, or completely new features you would like to see added to ShipStation. Post & explain your ideas here so all our customers can vote on them. By the way, ideas that get the most votes are more likely to get our attention, so make it easily understandable (some examples are also a good idea). While we can’t guarantee we’ll build it, asking never hurts, right? ;)

Before you post your idea, make sure to look around to see if someone already posted it.

Remember the more votes, the more attention we give the idea…

Let the voting begin!

What feature would you like to see us add?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Bring back ability to control the default state of "Notify Marketplace"

The new UI does not set this as a default, so we end having orders that appear unfulfilled in our shop event though they were fulfilled because some users forget to check "Notify Marketplace".

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have one button to print both label and packing slip

It would really help to speed things up if you could choose to prompt the print screens for both labels and packing slips. Creating a printing queue could also help with printing management.

Thanks

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keyboard shortcuts!

I prefer to use my keyboard whenever possible. Other web apps such as Gmail, Evernote, etc are FULL of useful keyboard shortcuts that make it possible to use almost every feature and navigate the UI without a mouse.

ShipStation could benefit from similar shortcuts. For instance:

- On ANY popup window with an "X" which closes the window, the "ESC" key should close the window. I hate having to mouse over to that "X" to close them!

- There should be shortcuts that jump the UI immediately to the Orders, Shipments, Products, and Customers pages. In Gmail, "gi" goes to…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Don't double import order onto ship station order screen

I have two different marketplaces set up for SS: Shopify and StitchLabs. I love and need them both for different reasons. When orders come in online through Shopify, the order is duplicated in Stitchlabs for inventory purposes.

The problem is that this one order comes through in duplicate on SS, which means that I have to mark the duplicate as "shipped" which is annoying, but not the end of the world. The worst part is that if I mark the duplicates as shipped first, then both of the orders become designated as shipped according to SS, so then the marketplace…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add the ability to delete email templates

Currently you can create a new template and then copy an existing template but there is no function to delete a template. This is not a pressing need but there is no need for old, unused templates to sit there and clutter the process.

Thanks!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. trackable FedEx FIMS Mailview integration

Please integrate with FedEx International MailService Mailview with tracking numbers. Shipments through Mailview consist of 2 tracking numbers: one air waybill tracking number trackable through FedEx.com to their sort facility in Chicago. The second tracking looks like this "RE510453344SE". This second number always (to my knowledge) starts with "RE" and is trackable at the sites below and also trackable from the recipients national postal website.

Site where we create labels:
    http://www.fimsform.com/

Shipper tracking portal
    http://mailviewshipper.fedex.com/

Recepient tracking portal
    http://mailviewrecipient.fedex.com/

FIMS Mailview phone number: (call for more information)

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Insurance on COST, not RETAIL price

When insuring a package, we want to be able to insure just the COST of the product if damaged or went missing, not the RETAIL VALUE. Currently your software takes the full retail value and uses that to determine the insurance amount. This doesn't make sense as shipping carriers will only reimburse you on the cost, not the retail value.

This is a fault, as no system is set up like this.

If I lose a $1000 item, but it only cost me $100, Fedex will only credit me $100.

So why am I paying insurance on $1000 if I’d…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Address confirmation through UPS

LOVE Shipstation. We use primarily USPS for our shipments but do use UPS enough times to make this request.

We would like the option to be able to use UPS's address verification system when choosing a shipping vendor.

Shipstation uses Encidia by default, which works great. But it does not play well with UPS's address database. Many times we have chosen UPS as the shipper and then been billed an additional $3 to $7 after the fact because once the package is delivered, we receive confirmation that the package went to a "remote destination". And UPS charges for deliveries to…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. FBA

Please add in reporting or logging functional that let you know product SKU number mismatches. I testing an order that has 25 product in it and I receive "The order conns an invalid SKU" It would be good know which one which out having to hunt down the one that is not working.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. email a label

on the print label screen, where it says (save to pdf, print to google cloud print, etc.) I wish there was an option to "email label to" that would open up my email client and automatically attach the label. i can do this manually by downloading, of course, but it would be super cool if it was automated as a choice. i email a lot of labels to my different shipping warehouses... and it would be a great time saver not to have to download, write an email, upload and send. :-) colette

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow printer select for USPS customs forms

Right now if I want to print customs forms for USPS priority mail I am forced to go into settings and to select 8.5x11 two per page. When I want to return to domestic printing I need to go back into settings and change it back to 4x6 paper. I would like a separate setting for which printer to send customs documents for USPS.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bring back the "save as product defaults check box"

Bring back the "save as product defaults check box" when in the orders view on the sidebar when selecting the ship method, box used, weight, etc. Clicking on the product hyperlink and editing through the product page is cumbersome and time consuming especially when processing a large amount of shipments

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Single Sign On + SAML

Allow for SAML - Single Sign On for Shipstation with services like Okta

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Take away the duplicate shipping screen

When I select "create label" I want it to... create the label.. not take me to the SAME screen to yet again select.. "Create Label" It is an extra step that takes time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. for new orders let me just put in a zip code and please auto populate the town and state

for new orders let me just put in a zip code and please auto populate the town and state

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. populate red flag for shipments that can be combined based on address field NOT email address field, and a red star next to the order

populate red flag for shipments that can be combined based on address field NOT email address field, and a red star next to the order somewhere would be awesome.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Include "shipped" as default search argument when Checking Order Status

When checking an order, your system defaults to four options: pending, payment pending, ... (can't remember other two) but "shipped" is not a default criteria. When I search on an order, most of the time I am checking to be sure it has shipped or answering a question from a customer about the ship date. You need to include "shipped" as a default search criteria

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Partial Shipment

Often on my website we will get an order for 15 books of different titles. I may have 14 and ship the 14 with a note that one has been backordered. I can designate partial shipment on Volusion (my website), but once I make the shipement using your product, it wipes that out and marks the entire order shipped on my website. Would be nice to do partial shipment with your system so name and address stays listed as outstanding order that I can go back to. Don't have to have which book did not ship. I can keep that…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to highlight line items, distinguishing them from other line items.

Our company sells 3 different types of wire, however one type is the majority of the wire sales. That being the case, the other two types may easily be overlooked during packaging and mistaken for the first popular type. A solution could be as easy as:

1. Filtering by SKU or Name, with a rule to set background color to (yellow) for that particular SKU or Name

2. Adding a Tags column to the packing slip, and showing the tag color for the respective item which the tag is assigned.

I have some code that almost achieved this, using a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Don't Consider "Shipped" Until Label Is Printed

Just went through the process to ship. When the screen comes up that shows label (not yet printed), I x'd out of that to go back to ensure I had weighed the item. Even though a label was not printed, it now shows the order as shipped. Should not show as shipped until label is printed. Don't fix this, will call the office of your President because that is crazy and should be an easy fix.

Philip Whitney
    Gullion's Christian Supply Center

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 61 62
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base