Request a New ShipStation Feature

We want to hear from you! Tell us what changes, enhancements, or completely new features you would like to see added to ShipStation. Post & explain your ideas here so all our customers can vote on them. By the way, ideas that get the most votes are more likely to get our attention, so make it easily understandable (some examples are also a good idea). While we can’t guarantee we’ll build it, asking never hurts, right? ;)

Before you post your idea, make sure to look around to see if someone already posted it.

Remember the more votes, the more attention we give the idea…

Let the voting begin!

What feature would you like to see us add?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Inventory Management

Since we ship everything from shipstations, We would like to manage our inventory from here.
    Idea is Current inventory= Total in stock - Amazon- Magento -Ebay -Buy.com. And sending correct inventory count back Channels.

506 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    170 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, as we’re sure you’ve seen, the new ShipStation has been released. With this refresh, we will be able to build out new features more quickly than before, and we’re happy to say that inventory is one of them. Please note that we do not yet have an ETA, but will update as we have more information. Thanks! :)

2. Schedule a Pickup

I'm new and still learning, but I'm not seeing a way to schedule a pickup or print a USPS scanable manifest at the end of the day. These would be great features for all supported services. Endicia already allows USPS when you run your end of the day scanable manifest. I was hoping to drop my Professional Encidia account, but it looks like I'll be keeping it just for the scan form/automated pickup.

226 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    52 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow automated emails to be sent once item is delivered

I am trying to set up an automation rule to send an email to the buyer upon delivery of their shipment. We like to email customers to make sure they are satisfied and to also ask for reviews.

We are currently doing this manually. Since delivery status shows for each order in ShipStation, it seems like you should be able to create a filter with this variable and then set up a rule to send an automated email.

I would love to be able to do this! We've found that sending these emails really impresses our customers and has helped…

224 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Scan and Verify Product UPC to make sure to Ship right product and Quantity

Ability to Scan and Verify the UPC code of the product get shipped for the individual order.

So, this will eliminate the WRONG item being shipped and Wrong Quantity being shipped.

Also "Ship Order" button activates only when the right product(s) is scanned and right quantity is scanned for the order.

Products that does not come with UPC may be shipped by manually entering item SKU in the barcode scan field.

223 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature it is still something that we’re planning to build, but at this time I’m not able to give an ETA. We are working diligently on a bunch of things here at ShipStation and have some very exciting things coming soon that you will love.

5. Allow User to Design Custom Report

I would like the ability to design a custom report, by choosing fields directly from ShipStation. Currently we have to export one of the set reports and manipulate columns etc in Excel, but it would be much easier if we could do that within ShipStation and have the reports complete when exported.

190 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everybody!

I’m happy to report that you now have the ability to export a custom set of fields for your orders, order items, shipments, and shipped items. (The button is found on your orders/shipments page: http://screencast.com/t/76drmaHRO) The “Order Export” and “Item Export” will still export all of the available columns to a CSV for the orders that are currently displaying (including all pages). Now you can also choose the columns for each of these exports so that you can begin to build your own custom reports by clicking the “Manage Exports” button. We’re not calling this request done yet since we want to build out the reporting functionality and the ability for you to customize how those reports look, but we wanted to let you know that you can export your data with only the columns you select.

I hope you enjoy this new functionality, and we’ll keep…

6. Estimated (guaranteed) time of arrival / transit time

If you are on the UPS or FedEx website it will list your Estimated time of arrival. Usually it will also show when it is guaranteed to arrive if the package is dropped off or picked up by a certain time. I think this should be added so that we can know when the package will arrive when we are selecting our delivery method.

165 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. integrate with overstock.com

Integrate shipstation with overstock.com. Teapplix does & we don't want to switch!!

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Integration with 11 Main (11Main.com)

11 Main is Alibaba's US shopping website. I was just accepted as a Merchant. Therefore integration with 11 Main would be big help.

151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 141 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    47 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. integrate with shop.com

Please make the orders from shop.com enter Shipstation

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multiple packages shipping preset

The shipping presets currently don't support setting presets for multiple packages, we have to do it all manually (and it's a pain to manually enter the same dimensions for every single order). It would be great if we could save those multiple packages settings!

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Customizable Pick List

We have customizable Packing Slips, how about custom Pick Lists?

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatic Printing

We would absolutely love the ability to have incoming orders automatically print to a printer using Google Cloud Print.

Ideally, there would be new rule actions: Print Packing Slip to Default Google Cloud Printer, Print Postage Shipping Label to Default Google Cloud Printer. Then our shippers can just walk to the printer when a new order comes in and start packing. We print 2 packing slips for every order so a bonus would be to have the ability to print 2 slips by either setting the number to print or simply running the rule action twice.

We would prefer to…

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability for scale to automatically read weight without having to click scale button

It would save a lot of time and another step if the scale was able to automatically identify the weight on the scale without having to click the scale button each time a new order is brought up. It would make the program easier to use, allowing the users to use it more efficiently. In addition it would be nice to be able to weigh multiple packages instead of entering weights manually!

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A rule to split an order and to combine an order! Please!

If there is an automation rule to split an order and combine orders, that would make life a lot easier!

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. USPS Return Shipping Label without paying postage up front

The ability to take advantage of USPS Merchandise Return Service and have an option to print a return label with every shipment or selected shipments and not have to pay for the postage unless the customer uses it. I believe this is available through API only and there may be a form you have to submit to USPS: https://www.usps.com/business/merchandise-return-service.htm

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re looking into what it would take to build this feature for you. Currently in order to do USPS returns each of you would require your own USPS returns account which costs ~$1,000 per year with USPS. We are researching possible solutions that would not require that expense.

17. Create sales tax report

Would love to see a report for sales tax paid by shipped to state.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. address verification email to customer

When an address is not verified because an apt/suite number is missing it would be BRILLIANT if shipstation would automatically send the customer an email and ask them for their apt/suite numer.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow users to select orders in a list and bulk email those customers

We do a lot of presales on shirts that can't be shipped right away when sold. It would be nice if we could select orders from any list of orders and send an email to those customers. It would just be another action at the top of an order table like hold until, mark as shipped, etc. It would open a dialog that would allow us to put in a subject and a body for an email to update the customers about the status of the items they have ordered. This would cut down on a LOT of support emails…

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add an Automation Rule to Automatically Ship FBA Orders

It would be really good to have FBA orders automatically passed to Amazon for fulfilment. It is a prime target for automation as currently all I am doing every day is selecting orders and clicking submit, which is such a pointless task plus adds unnecessary delay to the fulfilment if I am away from my PC. Please please please add this feature as the benefits would be huge and I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to implement.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 72 73
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base