Request a New ShipStation Feature

We want to hear from you! Tell us what changes, enhancements, or completely new features you would like to see added to ShipStation. Post & explain your ideas here so all our customers can vote on them. By the way, ideas that get the most votes are more likely to get our attention, so make it easily understandable (some examples are also a good idea). While we can’t guarantee we’ll build it, asking never hurts, right? ;)

Before you post your idea, make sure to look around to see if someone already posted it.

Remember the more votes, the more attention we give the idea…

Let the voting begin!

What feature would you like to see us add?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Please add the ability to delete email templates

Currently you can create a new template and then copy an existing template but there is no function to delete a template. This is not a pressing need but there is no need for old, unused templates to sit there and clutter the process.

Thanks!

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back the "save as product defaults check box"

Bring back the "save as product defaults check box" when in the orders view on the sidebar when selecting the ship method, box used, weight, etc. Clicking on the product hyperlink and editing through the product page is cumbersome and time consuming especially when processing a large amount of shipments

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. email a label

on the print label screen, where it says (save to pdf, print to google cloud print, etc.) I wish there was an option to "email label to" that would open up my email client and automatically attach the label. i can do this manually by downloading, of course, but it would be super cool if it was automated as a choice. i email a lot of labels to my different shipping warehouses... and it would be a great time saver not to have to download, write an email, upload and send. :-) colette

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Integration with 11 Main (11Main.com)

11 Main is Alibaba's US shopping website. I was just accepted as a Merchant. Therefore integration with 11 Main would be big help.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include "shipped" as default search argument when Checking Order Status

When checking an order, your system defaults to four options: pending, payment pending, ... (can't remember other two) but "shipped" is not a default criteria. When I search on an order, most of the time I am checking to be sure it has shipped or answering a question from a customer about the ship date. You need to include "shipped" as a default search criteria

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sku# Increase in Characters? 26 isnt enough! 50 or 55 would be helpful

Hello, as of now, SKU#1 - Sku#3 allows only 26 characters.
    Custom Item# - allows up to 50+
    (It would be great to be able to have at-least SKU#1 handle up to the same amount of characters)
    Some of our combo items have long Sku's since they are parts Added together, so they actually end up with more than 26 Characters with spaces and + signs... and 1/2 the order is cut off.
    We have been copying and pasting into the CustomField#1 which has pleny of characters - and if I am not mistaken, the Sku and Custom Fields are…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Insurance on COST, not RETAIL price

When insuring a package, we want to be able to insure just the COST of the product if damaged or went missing, not the RETAIL VALUE. Currently your software takes the full retail value and uses that to determine the insurance amount. This doesn't make sense as shipping carriers will only reimburse you on the cost, not the retail value.

This is a fault, as no system is set up like this.

If I lose a $1000 item, but it only cost me $100, Fedex will only credit me $100.

So why am I paying insurance on $1000 if I’d…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Partial Shipment

Often on my website we will get an order for 15 books of different titles. I may have 14 and ship the 14 with a note that one has been backordered. I can designate partial shipment on Volusion (my website), but once I make the shipement using your product, it wipes that out and marks the entire order shipped on my website. Would be nice to do partial shipment with your system so name and address stays listed as outstanding order that I can go back to. Don't have to have which book did not ship. I can keep that…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow shipment of unpaid orders!!!

ShipStation is a great tool for shipping items but it shouldn't force all orders to be paid before they are shipped.

We ship a lot of orders that are "paid" by purchase order and having to mark them as paid in ShipStation in order to ship them creates accounting issues. When we pull the orders Into Quickbooks, they come across as paid and we have no automated way of tracking unpaid invoices.

I like the idea of identifying orders in ShipStation that are not paid but let me decide if I want to ship them!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to Rename Batch

The ability to rename batches would be great. There is now the ability to have multiple batches, which great for sorting orders waiting to be fulfilled. However, it is not very easy to sort without memorizing which batch # is for which group of orders for that day. If there was a way to even add a keyword to the end of the batch number [ex. batch#1234567 - product] So that when I am sorting through a zillion orders assigning them to each batch they need to be in, it is much easier to remember which batch to put them…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When exporting shipping information, make the tracking number a text field instead of numeric.

When we export a USPS tracking number from the Shipments screen, the tracking number gets converted to numeric in Excel (which opens by default). The number gets converted to scientific format which is useless when viewing. Instead we have to go back to the shipping screen and copy and paste the tracking number into the spreadsheet.

Zip codes also come across as numeric and the leading 0 is removed. It too should be considered text instead of numeric.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. COD for all carriers PLEASE

COD feature for item price with amount option for all carriers.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. USPS Expected Delivery Date, Especially for Priority Mail Express (Which may not be overnight)

Priority Mail Express is the cheapest overnight service, but it has a gotcha: sometimes it is not overnight. There are some locations where the delivery is actually two days.

Unfortunately, ShipStation does not check & show the delivery guarantee. Instead, when I print out the Stamps.com label, it says, "Priority Mail Express Two Day"

I would like an enhancement that would show the expected delivery date/days in transit. That would let me know when using Express1 & Priority Mail Express is a valid option.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve visual cue for requested shipping method

I sometimes overlook that the customer has requested expedited shipping. I know it is on the order screen, but in order to give a better visual cue, it would be ideal if there was a stronger way to display expedited shipping requests. Sort of like when the qty > 1, you really call it out with bold font and strong background.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Limit the quantity printing - to avoid duplicate print.

There should be a popup or indication of some type so a label does not accidentally print more than 1 time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. BACKORDER management

In the list of items when shipping an order, when an item can not be shipped it would be nice to have a place to make a check mark either showing all that has shipped or check it that it can not be shipped. Then having a back order tab to go to with a list of orders and the items that need to be sent. The back-order would be listed with the order information already there from the previous order. With this option it could update the eCommerce software to a partially shipped status for the order and the…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. On-Use return labels by demand via Endicia

Endicia now offers the ability to print on-use return labels by demand but SS does not support this. This would be much more useful for us than sending an on-use label with every order, which SS does support but we don't need. Thanks.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Don't Consider "Shipped" Until Label Is Printed

Just went through the process to ship. When the screen comes up that shows label (not yet printed), I x'd out of that to go back to ensure I had weighed the item. Even though a label was not printed, it now shows the order as shipped. Should not show as shipped until label is printed. Don't fix this, will call the office of your President because that is crazy and should be an easy fix.

Philip Whitney
    Gullion's Christian Supply Center

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Print a shipping receipt

I would like to be able to print a receipt for a shipment (no matter the carrier) that outlines the shipping cost and tracking number, much like what I can do on the FedEx website.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automation to Hold an order until Custom Field

For the Hold Until automation rule I would like to be able to use one of the custom fields I will bring over

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 58 59
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base