Request a New ShipStation Feature

We want to hear from you! Tell us what changes, enhancements, or completely new features you would like to see added to ShipStation. Post & explain your ideas here so all our customers can vote on them. By the way, ideas that get the most votes are more likely to get our attention, so make it easily understandable (some examples are also a good idea). While we can’t guarantee we’ll build it, asking never hurts, right? ;)

Before you post your idea, make sure to look around to see if someone already posted it.

Remember the more votes, the more attention we give the idea…

Let the voting begin!

What feature would you like to see us add?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. integrate with shop.com

Please make the orders from shop.com enter Shipstation

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have one button to print both label and packing slip

It would really help to speed things up if you could choose to prompt the print screens for both labels and packing slips. Creating a printing queue could also help with printing management.

Thanks

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Take away the duplicate shipping screen

When I select "create label" I want it to... create the label.. not take me to the SAME screen to yet again select.. "Create Label" It is an extra step that takes time.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Captialize Customer Shipping Name and Address

Customers often enter their name and shipping address in lower case, which looks unprofessional when printing on invoices/pack lists etc.

We would like to suggest the option for ShipStation to automatically capitalize these entries.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring back ability to control the default state of "Notify Marketplace"

The new UI does not set this as a default, so we end having orders that appear unfulfilled in our shop event though they were fulfilled because some users forget to check "Notify Marketplace".

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Small Product Labels

Our company needs to print small (Dymo) product labels which we put on vials of product prior to shipping. It would be great if we could have more control over label size so we could develop our own product labels. If you think about it, all of the data is already imported from the "storefront". Just a matter of setting the label template size. PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS !!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to rearrange order of product/order tags

As it is now, tags appear in the tag dropdown menu and next to orders in the order they were created. I recently created a tag that is particularly important and would like the ability to place this tag as the first option in the tagging dropdown menu and have it appear farthest left when among other tags next to an order.

It would be great if there was a way to arrange (perhaps drag and drop) tags so control the order they appear in the tag dropdown menu and next to orders rather than just appearing in the order…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keyboard shortcuts!

I prefer to use my keyboard whenever possible. Other web apps such as Gmail, Evernote, etc are FULL of useful keyboard shortcuts that make it possible to use almost every feature and navigate the UI without a mouse.

ShipStation could benefit from similar shortcuts. For instance:

- On ANY popup window with an "X" which closes the window, the "ESC" key should close the window. I hate having to mouse over to that "X" to close them!

- There should be shortcuts that jump the UI immediately to the Orders, Shipments, Products, and Customers pages. In Gmail, "gi" goes to…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Actually "Keep me logged In" when I check that box

For those of us with a dedicated/secure computer, or who have staff that don't all need their own account, it would be lovely if the log-in feature "keep me logged in" actually kept me logged in. Like, forever unless I log off.

As a second-best, I'd take a "remember me" option that allows my browser's autofill to autofill my username *and* password.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Shipstation to "notify the marketplace" of an Order Cancellation

I wanted to address an issue that I'm having with Shipstation. There seems to be a disconnect with Shipstation and the respective marketplaces when "canceling" an order. Is there an existing function that will allow Shipstation to "notify the marketplace" of the "order cancellation" and if not, please send this message to the appropriate party to get a "fix" on this issue.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow the ability to specify a weight for "Your packaging"

To get accurate rates we've been adding the weights of packaging to the weights of each of our SKUs. But when multiple SKUs are ordered at once, the weight ends up being higher and we could potentially be over-charged.

If we could input weights for our packages we've created under "Your Packaging" we could input the actual weight of each SKU and could end up with more accurate order weights and shipping rates.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Order Filters & Automation Rules Need to Work for Multiple Item Orders too

The current system of order filters and automation rules is VERY handy. However, it's also extremely crippled. The filters only ever apply to orders with 1 item in it. Any orders where a customer has bought 2 or more items, are skipped completely by the filters - and this isn't actually made clear on the Order Filters page, leading to much confusion as to why filters weren't working!

I'll give you an example of how I use Order Filters, and why I need it to apply to all orders, no matter how many items are in it:

I sell a…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Integration with 11 Main (11Main.com)

11 Main is Alibaba's US shopping website. I was just accepted as a Merchant. Therefore integration with 11 Main would be big help.

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Duplicate Orders, New Recipients

We often ship:
    2 x Widget Y
    3 x Widget X
    1 x Widget A

all sent to Alex, John, Frank, Mary, Scott....up to 10 or more recipients

We would love to enter the Manual Order one time, and from there duplicate the order, just adding a new recipient each time. This would save us a lot of time when sending Manual Orders.

Thanks Guys!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Split an order from Order Details view

Splitting orders for partial fulfillment is a very common activity for me, but the process is very clunky. I'm hoping that I'm just missing something that will make it easier.

Right now, it appears I can only split an order by pulling up the Orders view (with or without a filter), selecting one order, digging around for the well-hidden "Split Order" option under the "Other Actions" button, and performing the split from there.

One of the reasons this is cumbersome is that I spend more time in the Order Details view determining how the order needs to be split. I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to print shipping labels through different printers based on the shipping method

We need a feature in ShipStation to print shipping labels on different printers with different label sizes, depending on the package shipping method and/or address type.

For example, all domestic orders print on the regular 4x6 thermal labels, but International orders print on regular letter paper in our laser printer. The 4x6 labels are quite small to place in the USPS customs form envelopes, plus they're hard to read. We tried printing them on a letter sheet of paper but they are still the 4x6 size rather than half-page size.

We just signed up with ShipStation and are quite surprised…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. FedEx and UPS multi-package rate calculator.

Currently, the rate calculator only calculates the rate for one package. We often have multi-package shipments that we need quotes for.

Also, when actually assigning services to an order is it possible to add a multi-shipment feature for USPS (Express 1)? I understand that USPS doesn't support multi-package shipments but what if each package had its own master tracking number? And you could correlate all tracking numbers to the one order number.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. rather than just notify ChannelAdvisor that order has been shipped, report back the order with any changes that have been made while in SS

changes are regularly made in ShipStation. We integrate between you and ChannelAdvisor but the changes made in ShipStation are not reported back to ChannelAdvisor so we have to duplicate the work once in SS and then again in CA.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Custom Shipping Weight

My company ships out products and sends a return label to each customer so that we can get our packaging back and reuse it. We would only be able to use the automation feature for creating a return label for each package if the weight was an added feature to a custom package. Add the weight to a custom package so that we can use the return label automation feature and not get overcharged!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Multiple Printer Support (per Store, Warehouse, etc)

Some of our invoices have preprinted backs or use unique paper. We would like to see the ability to use different printers based on the Warehouse, Channel, Store, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 67 68
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base