Request a New ShipStation Feature

We want to hear from you! Tell us what changes, enhancements, or completely new features you would like to see added to ShipStation. Post & explain your ideas here so all our customers can vote on them. By the way, ideas that get the most votes are more likely to get our attention, so make it easily understandable (some examples are also a good idea). While we can’t guarantee we’ll build it, asking never hurts, right? ;)

Before you post your idea, make sure to look around to see if someone already posted it.

Remember the more votes, the more attention we give the idea…

Let the voting begin!

What feature would you like to see us add?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Delay Shipment Emails to Customers

I would like to be able to send shipment emails at a time later than I create and print the label because with USPS, it takes a while for the tracking number to be processed by USPS. A customer clicking on the tracking number as soon as the label is created will see USPS show the package as "not found" and it does not develop confidence with our customers. For now, I advise my customers to wait 1 business day for the tracking number to process but it is not ideal.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Quantities over one automatically highlighted option

When printing shipping labels, the option to have my shipping labels with a quantity over one to be highlighted for heavy days to prevent packing error.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A partnership with lightspeed

check out lightspeedretail.com, it is a complete POS for retail brick and mortar and webstore, does the inventory, enables you to check inventory from anywhere you can get a wifi connection! Works off a laptop, iPad and iPhone, good for trade shows, etc etc, a shipping interface would be PERFECT!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide WYSIWYG Editing for Packing Slips

I'm fairly new to ShipStation, but it seems one of the obvious enhancements would be to allow customization of the packing slips without needing HTML skills...essentially, exactly the same interface available to edit the email templates.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow & Enable "Order - Customer ID" as an Export Option In "Orders Item"

We do a lot of exporting into Excel, and into Access. Ultimately ShipStation should allow "Order - Customer ID" as an "Orders Item" export option. Currently, "Order - Customer ID" is only available as an "Orders" export option.

I love that I can select "Order - Number" within an "Orders item" export, why not allow users to export "Order - Customer ID" as well. Doing so would create a bridge back to the customer, not just back to an order number when examining "Orders Item" data.

To those who are familiar with Access: We use this data in Microsoft Access.…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Move Panes around or be able to resize them

Imagine you have orders sitting in the Awaiting Shipment section and each order has 10 items listed in the Items Ordered section.

I only need to see one ORDER at a time but I need to see ALL 10 ITEMS at once.

I click the Order, it loads the items into the Items Ordered pane, I then either copy a code from there and paste it in to the Internal Notes section, save, go back to Items Ordered and repeat this until all 10 codes have been pasted in, or I visually need to see the orders.

At the moment…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automation Rules Trigger After Order Import

Rather than automation rules only triggering upon import, we would like to be able to trigger automation rules afterward, such as upon manually tagging a split order or manually assigning a drop-shipper so they receive an email automatically notifying them they have a drop-shipment to complete.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show individual quantity next to order number on pick list

In the pick list:

http://imgur.com/Bbm7PV7

The one I have circled, for "Two Airlock Lids for Mason Jars, it's showing 6 different orders, but a total of 7 items to pick. So obviously one of those orders has 2 of the same item in it. It would be very helpful to show which of those orders has more than one. Perhaps put (x2) after the order number:

http://imgur.com/1cTT8Dk

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. what is one supposed to do for a very important support issue?

I used to have CHAT but that has been taken away…currently in a predicament that needs urgent attention & waiting for an email response…wish there was a quicker way to solve urgent issues...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Use Shipstation to manage SHIPPING MATERIALS!

Today we use Shipstation's workflow engine to make shipping box/envelope decisions for us. As an example, if an order comes in that is below 13oz, it would go into a "custom 13oz box" and if it's between 14-16oz it goes into another, and on and on. This has become a fully baked solution for us, and it's working great.

Where we stumble on this is that we have no place to manage our shipping MATERIALS. Not inventory, per se, but actually the count of the boxes, tape, bubble wrap, and such. Maybe it's not worth managing, but for us, if…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Detailed Tracking Delivery Report - PLEASE READ - ETA Delay Ship Status for USPS FEDEX and UPS Reporting Automatically - Advanced Automation

Unfortunately I have to say this is something entirely new, because ShipStation isn't meeting this need, I have attempted to combine several issues with fewer then 40 votes into this suggestion, to make our voices heard. ShipStationers Unite!

Create an simple report that shows all packages that haven't been delivered within its ETA for ALL (or to users choice) ship carriers within a Shipping Status Report. Once this feature is added, later, you can add features that look at the Ship Methods, % of packages delivered, Products delivered, ext. And allow advanced automatic email templates to be sent to all…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Functionality for 1 label / 1 packing slip / 1 packing slip?

Now the only option I see that you have the 1 label / 1 packing slip. It would be really helpful to be able to print another packing slip for our records.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ability to create return label not tied to a order

At the present time to create a return label requires having an existing order. It would be nice to be able to generate a return label by entering an address like when you ship an order manually. To clarify, it would be nice to be able to simply paste name/address info into a box and press a button to generate a return label with return address being company shipping address/warehouse shipping address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Being able to see more than 100 orders on a page!!!

Very frustrating for the companies who have 500+ orders sometimes and need to breeze through shipping orders. Not convenient at all that you have to add all selected orders on one page to be able to go to the next. We used to use ShipRush and it was a LOT easier to view all orders at once. make 25 50 100 ALL an option PLEASE.This is our trail period and we are still on the fence if were going to go through with it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please add FedEx's new One Rate options

FedEx introduced their new One Rate program today. Would love to use this option - please bring it to SS!

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sales Report with Item Location

We'd love to get a sales report based on item location. We have 3 warehouses with 3 very different product lines. I could do my reordering much quicker if I could download a report and be able to sort from the location.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The ability to manually edit orders

It would be great to be able to manually adjust orders. Seems like there is no simple way to do this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Profit and Loss Report

IF you can populate cost of goods sold at the product level, paypal fees, ebay fees and amazon fees, would be nice to have a Profit and Loss Report at the proudct level and order level. Blackthorne (eBay) and AMAN Pro (Amazon) both support this feature even thru the recent API changes at Amazon. Thanks Hans

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Keep order records for 3 years

As small companies are known to change invoicing applications and programs - it'd be nice to be able to rely on ShipStation to call up orders from as far back as 3 years.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 51 52
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base