Request a New ShipStation Feature

We want to hear from you! Tell us what changes, enhancements, or completely new features you would like to see added to ShipStation. Post & explain your ideas here so all our customers can vote on them. By the way, ideas that get the most votes are more likely to get our attention, so make it easily understandable (some examples are also a good idea). While we can’t guarantee we’ll build it, asking never hurts, right? ;)

Before you post your idea, make sure to look around to see if someone already posted it.

Remember the more votes, the more attention we give the idea…

Let the voting begin!

What feature would you like to see us add?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Include "shipped" as default search argument when Checking Order Status

When checking an order, your system defaults to four options: pending, payment pending, ... (can't remember other two) but "shipped" is not a default criteria. When I search on an order, most of the time I am checking to be sure it has shipped or answering a question from a customer about the ship date. You need to include "shipped" as a default search criteria

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integration with 11 Main (11Main.com)

11 Main is Alibaba's US shopping website. I was just accepted as a Merchant. Therefore integration with 11 Main would be big help.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. email a label

on the print label screen, where it says (save to pdf, print to google cloud print, etc.) I wish there was an option to "email label to" that would open up my email client and automatically attach the label. i can do this manually by downloading, of course, but it would be super cool if it was automated as a choice. i email a lot of labels to my different shipping warehouses... and it would be a great time saver not to have to download, write an email, upload and send. :-) colette

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. USPS Expected Delivery Date, Especially for Priority Mail Express (Which may not be overnight)

Priority Mail Express is the cheapest overnight service, but it has a gotcha: sometimes it is not overnight. There are some locations where the delivery is actually two days.

Unfortunately, ShipStation does not check & show the delivery guarantee. Instead, when I print out the Stamps.com label, it says, "Priority Mail Express Two Day"

I would like an enhancement that would show the expected delivery date/days in transit. That would let me know when using Express1 & Priority Mail Express is a valid option.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. On-Use return labels by demand via Endicia

Endicia now offers the ability to print on-use return labels by demand but SS does not support this. This would be much more useful for us than sending an on-use label with every order, which SS does support but we don't need. Thanks.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BACKORDER management

In the list of items when shipping an order, when an item can not be shipped it would be nice to have a place to make a check mark either showing all that has shipped or check it that it can not be shipped. Then having a back order tab to go to with a list of orders and the items that need to be sent. The back-order would be listed with the order information already there from the previous order. With this option it could update the eCommerce software to a partially shipped status for the order and the…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "commercial invoice"

Customs 2014: Combine all requests for fixes (actually government requirements) to Customs forms (both Commercial Invoices and the 3 possible Certificate of Origins) so that they are completely system generated within ShipStation.

currently there are about a dozen different requests to all focused on the incomplete customs forms generated out of SS. if you cant API to our existing complete and customs compliant forms from FedEx or UPS, please allow us a template to merge out SS shipping info onto.

for any export orders over $2600, the failure of SS to go out to census.gov to get and print the…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. multi-tag mode

When tagging an order the tags drop down menu disappears every time I select a tag. This is wonderful when only one tag is need but I use 2-3 and sometimes even 5 tags at once. Maybe implement a multi-tag mode by holding down the shift button.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Fixes for cumbersome processes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integration with Dimensional Scanners

Both UPS and Fed X are moving all packages to dimensional weight 01/01/2015. Ship station should support dimensional scanners as the traditional scale becomes obsolete.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add an option for "No E-mail" on order detail pop-up under Order Templates>Email

Where e-mail templates are currently selected on order detail pop-up, an option for "None", "No E-mail", etc. would speed up the process for individual orders where an email notification is not needed/wanted.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Product SKU Order Histories (for new design)

With the new design, unfortunately ShipStation has gotten rid of the order histories for specific SKUs. It was very convenient for us to find a specific order based on SKU criteria. There are ways around this, but they've all been more cumbersome and time-consuming.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Shipping rates comparison reporting

It would be nice to have a way to generate a report with these fields, zip, city, state, zone, weight, and rate for each shipping provider.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Save the Pick List as an Excel or CSV file instead of a PDF

The ability to save a Pick List in a non-static PDF form such as Excel or CSV would be the most helpful in customizing the Pick List to each individuals liking. Then you can put in any order you wish. Highlight commonly missed items. Bold, italicize or enlarge fonts etc. The customization is almost endless.
    Having a Pick List as only a PDF is absolutely useless to my business.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancements for existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A way to separate messages from the buyer in Shopify

Currently, there are two boxes in the cart in Shopify. A box for "how did you hear about us" and a box for a "gift message". The two fields import together, and it would be helpful if they imported separately, as two separate fields. That way "gift message" could print on the invoice, and "how did you hear about us" would not. Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. FedEx Smart Post Aggregator (Provider)

Service providers are the 2nd most important reason for using Shipstation. Currently for a lot of shippers there are few choices for low cost light weight package shipping. The only choices offered by aggregators (providers) found in Shipstation are first class USPS, and priority USPS. Low cost small package shipping is the single most important thing for online business shippers. The popularity of solutions aimed at this segment is born out by the landmark business Fedex and UPS have done since they created a JOA With the USPS. But small shippers that don't have the high volumes those programs were…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add automation rule to create packing slips that are different in size from your default setting (4"x6" or 8.5"x11")

Currently our packing slips are set to a default size of 8.5" x 11" (standard letter). I would like to create a filter and automation rule to apply thermal packing slips (4"x6") to certain types of orders while leaving the default setting at 8.5"x11"

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add some CRM functionality or integrate with Apptivo

We are starting to do more inside sales and would love it if you guys would integrate with a simple CRM solution like Apptivo or Zoho CRM. Even better, if you expanded customer profiles and created some extra fields for call logs, calendar-driven follow-ups and the ability to create leads/new customers without orders, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add UPC field (Or just another custom field)

On a per-product basis, there is no way to add UPC or anything unique about a product.

We have some SKU's that equal two or more products. Having the ability to link one or more UPC's to this SKU and then being able to print it on the packing slip would let us take our quality control to the next level.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Something entirely new  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Barcode Format - QRCode

Would like to be able to use QRCode as barcode format so we could do this on the packing slip:
    <barcode type=qr" size=medium>[sku]</barcode>

Our SKU's are 38 characters in length, so 128A is not an option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 53 54
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base