Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "line item" quantity to packing slips

This seems like a fairly simple request, but I have yet to see mention in these forums of anyone wanting or needing the ability to add the "line item" quantity to our packing slips. We have the total item quantity, but that doesn't really help. Our packers use the packing slip to pick customer orders. The way we assign orders to a specific person should be by line items and not total quantity because many customers order multiples of many items which does not take the packer any longer to pick 1 or 25 from the same crate.
    I played…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create Label with Packing List through API

Current API call createlabelfororder creates label with packing list if called with option testLabel=true.

If it is called with testLabel=false it returns carrier label without packing list.

This very non user friendly - if you need label with packing list you need to call testLabel=true, kill first page of pdf, then call testLabel=false and get carrier label.

Would be nice to have additional option createPakinglist=true and return label with packing list. Looks like you do not need to do development for this - it is working already with test label.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Include Previous Order Tags or Internal Notes on Customer Info

Is there any way to add an internal note, the tags on the order, or the Custom Field 3 to the customer information that pops up when you click on a customer. It says the customers past shipments, etc which is great, but I would LOVE to see one of these things as well because that is how we track what we shipped.

I know I can click on the specific order number to see the notes, tags, and custom fields, but the quick reference is what I am looking for. Is there any way to have this info pulled…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Amazon allowing buyers to use Purchase Order numbers

Buyer's are now able to purchase on Amazon using a Purchase Order Number. That number needs to populate to ShipStation with the buyers information. Large companies with multiple departments use the purchase order number as a map to identify which department to deliver the package to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. tags

I need to tag orders that come in from Magento with the color of enveloppe I used to ship them out. I would like that tag to follow the customer so that the next time Magento sends me an order from the same person, I can use a different color enveloppe (and tag that new color). Basically I would like a way to monitor which color I've shipped to each customer and keep it updated with every new order.
    Thank you!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for taking the time to post this idea @Mohamed! We have tags that you can add to a customer record that will apply to the next order that comes in, there isn’t quite a way to have it the other way around (apply a customer tag to an order and have the customer record retain that tag) or is a two-way street.

We’ll keep your feedback in mind when we update our Customers page, but for now we’d like to see other users chime in (like @Kevin! Thank you!) and add their support for your idea before moving forward.

Here’s something you can try today, if feasible for your operation: You may be able to use the Customer History info when you hover over the recipient name. So if you see they have ordered in the past (and have a customer record), you can perform a Quick Search…

6. ship awaiting payment for net 30+ customer

Would like to be able to print a shipping label for shipments awaiting payments. We have a bunch of customers who pay on net terms and we always have to (confusingly) mark their orders as PAID in ShipStation in order to print their labels.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @ptshipper! Thanks for taking the time to bring this up! Since we don’t handle billing, we have a few partners to help users connect with their Quickbooks, perhaps this type of visibility can help you manage your accounting transactions.

If you’re not interested in this route, you can also apply order tags “Net 15” “Net 30” etc when applicable to help you see this in ShipStation.

Here are our partners—
    Connex info: http://www.shipstation.com/partners/connex-quickbooks/

Cloud Cart Connector: http://www.shipstation.com/partners/cloud-cart-connector/

7. Smart Post does not appear in the rate calculator to compare all rates at once.

Smart Post does not appear in the rate calculator to compare all rates at once. Not efficient when trying to compare all rates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @Ryan, thank you for bringing this up! We will display information if the carrier sends it to us and at this time we aren’t receiving this information from FedEx. Once it is available, we’ll look into adding it.

8. STRIPE and FACEBOOK

Facebook now enable people to sell their product right off of their site with your built in STORE. However everything is hooked up to STRIPE. We need this feature so we don't get emails with orders and then have to manually input it into ShipStation. The demand is going to be there if not already here. So let's make this happen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Set package without setting service

Would be nice to be able to set the package for an order without having to also set the service. Service has already been selected by our website customer and imported into ShipStation so there is no need to change it. You can already set dimensions in a rule so why not package?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @mkujawski, thanks for taking the time to bring this up! When your orders come in with a specific service, you’re able to match this with a service and package type—we call it Shipping Service Mappings. Have you had the chance to check this out?

For example, when your customer selects “Expedited” service in your shopping cart, you’ll be able to automatically set this to “USPS Priority Mail Express, Medium Flat Rate Box”.

More info: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206640487

10. Connect ShipStation Accounts

If there were a way to connect another shipstation account as a "store" it would help us a lot. That way there would be an option for them to send new orders to us that they receive, and once we ship an order it would mark it as shipped on their account as well. It would save us a lot of time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Jim! Thanks for the feedback! Can you tell me more about your multiple ShipStation accounts? Based on what you’ve told me so far, it would be easier to have one account with multiple stores connected, but it sounds like there’s more to be heard.

11. Estimated Delivery Time through Access World Wide

We currently do most all of our shipments with DHL through Access World Wide. We would like to receive estimated delivery times using the rate calculator but they do not show up. I have spoken to shipstation support and they have informed me it is because they do not have these features set up with them. As I am sure many businesses do their shipments with Access World Wide I suggest that they create this connection with them to better serve shipstation users. It is extremely important to us to be able to quote customers on ETA's which as of…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Under the Shipments tab why is there NOT a column to show what item was purchased?

Under the Shipments tab why is there NOT a column to show what item was purchased?
    This column exist in the Orders tab but NOT in the Shipments tab.
    WHY not?????

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @Rick! Thank you so much for taking the time to bring this up! The Shipments page has specific information relating to the transit of your orders while the Orders page has information relating to the order.

One way to look at the items in each order that’s been shipped is to check out the “Shipped” status on the Orders page. Is there something in particular you’re looking for?

13. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Print packing list after batch completed with Quickship

It would be great if we could print packing lists for a batch automatically once a batch or shipment is completed. Using quickship is great, but having to manually push the button to print packing lists seems like a task that should be able to be automated. Currently the only way to do this is to print packing lists on thermal, but we print ours on laser.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Jon! Thanks for the quick feedback on Quickship! Glad to hear you’re using it! I’m going to pass along your feedback to our product team.

Something that might help speed up your process today is if you select multiple label requests, you can stitch together your packing slips into one long file to print instead of several smaller ones. This would help reduce your overall clicks if you aren’t already doing so.

15. import customer messages to Shipstation

ShipStation is great place to manage many marketplaces all at once. However we sellers still need to login into every marketplace and check customers' messages, in case they need to change address or so on. I personally own 16 shops all connected to ShipStation, and it's really time consuming to check every single of them. I do not know if API allows, or if its possible at all. But having Messages window like ORDERS OR SHIPMENTS on top, with all customer messages from different marketplaces like Amazon, ebay, Etsy, Wish would make it for seller extremely easy. Would it be…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

@tmpgarment – Thanks for bringing this up! Like you said it may not be possible at all and it depends if each Selling Channel sends us this information. We’ll keep this in mind for future updates, but for now we’d like to see more support in this idea before moving forward.

So if you’re interested in this idea, please add your votes and comments to help!

16. On time delivery report by shipment type

We recently had a few USPS hiccups where they delivered Express Mail shipments late. We would a report that tracks on time delivery by shipment type, so we can go back to the postal service (or UPS/FedEx) and request refunds where they missed their delivery commitment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Print Fedex labels for Saturday delivery in advance

We ship things out all the time for Saturday delivery. Customers order in advance so we should be able to print the label in advance. But currently, you cannot do this. For example, we should be able to print a label on Wednesday for a package to be delivered Saturday(with either a Thursday or Friday ship date).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Need a way to identify the account when receiving copies of Shipstation invoices

As a 3rd party fulfillment provider we have plans to add a large number of ShipStation.com accounts, one for each of our clients coming to us with their shopping carts for which we will manage their orders. When we receive a copy of our monthly invoice via email, there is no way to determine which account it goes to, making it difficult on the administrative side. Could a field be added to the email message to solve this problem? It could be something as simple as the customer account number which is almost universal on such communications, or at least…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Additional limited users

I was trying to figure out how to connect my drop ship customers to ShipStation so that they could more easily send us orders, and I found your drop ship "Solutions", but it doesn't do much for our purposes. We don't ship more than 1500 items per month, but we do have quite a few companies that we ship for. We don't want to pay through the roof each month just to add those customers on, but at the same time, manually entering each and every order from them is time consuming and imperfect.

If there were a way to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Splitting Multiple orders Simultaneously

It would be nice if we could split multiple orders simultaneously. We usually deal with 10k + orders that we have to split. It takes up a lot of time to split these orders especially since my team is small. This would speed up our process.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @josesepulveda! Thanks so much for taking the time to bring this up! Can you tell me more about the orders you’re splitting? For example, are you always splitting off one particular product because it may be too large to fit into one box?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base