Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ShipStation automatically emails us a Delivery Exception notification

If there was a way for ShipStation to send us an email whenever the status of an open shipment changes to "Delivery Exception", or another status, it would eliminate the need to manually check whether shipments are reaching the customer on time or retroactively dealing with an upset customer contacting us because an order hasn't shown up.

This would be a HUGE time saver and great peace of mind for us and the customers, plus potentially save us some customer service headaches along the way.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notify When an Address is Auto Corrected

There should be a notification on the order screen popup that an address has been auto corrected, so that it can be double checked.
    Right now the only way to see if an address has changed is to open the activity, then scroll through the logs.

Attached is a basic example of a notification under the shipping address, that would have a direct link to the most recent activity log line.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a postage type: Local Pickup

I set up my shipping label parameters remotely, add them to a batch and then print them all out when I arrive at the warehouse in the morning. The problem is that I can't add orders to the batch if they are set for local pickup in Volusion. I would like them to so that the pickers will still pick those orders first in, first out, but I can't do it unless there is postage setup.

If there were a Local Pickup postage method, I can still add it to a batch and when that batch is run the packing…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automation Rules for "Mark As Shipped"

Would like to setup a rule for orders that are picked up in our store.

So, when the Requested "Pickup the Next Business Day after 3pm" (unmapped).

I would like the action to:
    1. Other Actions > Mark as Shipped
    2. Set Tracking # to “Pickup the Next Business Day after 3pm”
    3. Set Carrier to "Other"
    4. Mark as Shipped!
    5. Print a Packing Slip

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add kitting / bundling option into shipstation native inventory

Shipstations native inventory is an amazing solution for multichannel sellers. However i believe very important feature ( bundling) is missing. it needs product bundle ( kit ) option . many sellers are selling bundles and kits with different quantities of different skus and it seems torture that sellers need to adjust quantities manually once bundle items are sold. i attached a picture to give you a better idea to understand it.
    in that picture, bundle item contains 2 different skus with 1 qty each. in that example one sku has 49 qty another one has 186 qty so bundle sku…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable Quickship Indefinitely

Hello, I believe Quickship should have the ability to be turned on indefinitely. It makes sense. If someone wants a feature turned on it should stay on.

The big reason is that when it is turned off after you set up the printer in the"print to" of the printing setup for quickship - once turned off it changes that setting to "Always Prompt". And when you are for example remote printing with quickship expecting the settings to remain intact, you are in for a rude awakening. As nothing will print since the quickship feature without a printer selected won't give…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @joesager! Thanks for taking the time to bring this up!

The first thing you mentioned is great feedback and we’ll take that into consideration. We’d love to hear what other Quickship users think on this, too!

On the changing print method when Quickship automatically turns off, this sounds like a technical issue and our folks here can take a look into it for you if you chat in or email us at support@shipstation.com

Lastly, you’re able to restrict users from using Quickship today. Check out this article: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/209619617

7. Complete Report for Shipments

Provide a Complete shipment info report - ie: I currently pull 3 reports and then manually compile in to 1. Orders/Shipped (I need Customer - username / Order payment URL)
    Shipments (export report with all data - especially Tracking ID)
    Orders/shipped -export Order line item - adding our Sku as Custom field.

It would be great if there was a single report I could pull that provided all the shipped order information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Give option to remove "deleted" products from view.

I understand an inactive product is ignored by the system. Inactive products are good to have if someday you want to reactivate them or look up old data tied to the inactive product, BUT sometimes users make mistakes and just want to DELETE. I read in another post the architecture doesn't allow for the system to do a hard delete, but for the users sake can you add a delete option which just no longer displays the "deleted" product if we choose to delete it. Basically a soft delete. It can remain in the database but just don't show it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Aldric, thanks for posting! On the Products page, there is a checkbox that says “Show inactive products”—it is located below the “columns” button in the top right corner of the screen. Is this what you mean?

9. Shipstation connect change

Hi all

I have a suggestion for the Shipstation programmers. A little background:

Our company has recently updated about 80% of our computers to Windows 10. Because of this, Shipstation connect has one annoying issue. Everytime it updates itself, it needs an administrator password to re-enable the app. We have several shopping carts online, and needless to say, we have quite a bit of orders on a daily and weekly basis. We have 3 Zebra label printers strategically set up around our packing stations to keep things efficient. We utilize all of these printers when we are printing our daily…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Print Custom Product Barcodes

It would be great if we could use Shipstation to print product labels for our products including customizable fields such as Barcode (coming from SKU, UPC, etc), description, size, and other fields available to us in Shipstation. Since we already have our printers set up with Shipstation and product data, it'd be the ultimate timesaver for manual work!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. UPS upcharge

We used to use UPS Worldship. You can configure worldship to charge an uncharge on all packages. (i.e. 5% uncharge on all UPS packages). This helps us cover handling fees, packaging, and labor)

Can you add this feature to Shipstation?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Large Packages Ship Individually - 1 Label per Package

I have a bunch of large items that get shipped individually - each box gets its own shipping label.

I have setup the weights and dims within each product record, along with the default service type, but when I view an order, all the weights just seem to get combined and there is only a single label associated with the order.

How can I set ShipStation up to recognize that a single order of 4 products will need 4 different labels?

Seems that a boolean value could be added to each product - for "Ships Individually" or "Cannot be Combined…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pull inventory from the API

Right now inventory is part of the UI so it would be great to expose that functionality to the API as we have multiple products operating on Shipstation as the source of truth.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to set up a notification rule to let us now if an order has NOT been delivered in a specified number of days?

Ability to set up a notification rule to let us now if an order has NOT been delivered in a specified number of days?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New Bulk action to add a sequence number to selected orders

We sort the awaiting shipment orders in a certain order (Sku / Qty). The labels are also printed by this sort order. We don't use packing list instead a spreadsheet (Orders download or export with line items) is used which lists the items to be packed in a sequence.

It will be easier for the packer to match this sequence number printed on a label with the sequence number on the spreadsheet(Export orders with items ) and know exactly what would go into the package.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Integration with DirectLink as a Shipping Provider

Would love it if you guys could integrate with Direct Link (http://www.directlink.com/). Would really cut down on international shipping costs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Automatic printing of Packing Slips for new orders

Because this original request I made for this was closed when an unrelated feature was introduced, I'm creating a new one.

I would very much like to be able to have the automation in ShipStation be able to print. This would allow me to have it automatically print all new orders that have downloaded, so that warehouse personnel know an order has come in when the printer starts spitting out packing slips. This is something we're used to having in a different product we switched from to ShipStation and it's the main thing we miss. With printing being done through…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automatic fulfillment delay (FBA or Shipwire)

I like that automated fulfillment (FBA or Shipwire) is possible, however it would be very helpful if it were possible to add a slight delay to the automatic fulfillment.

Feature needed:
    "Automatically fulfill after ____ hours"
    The Shipstation user can select the shipment to be automatically fulfilled either 1, 2, 4, 6, hours after the order has been imported into Shipstation.

Reasoning:
    Many times, a customer places an order and then when they receive the order confirmation email they realize they put in the wrong shipping address, or they want to modify the order in some way. Then they contact…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to track inventory on product options

We have the ability to keep track of inventory on products, but not their options. For example, I can track how many blue t-shirts I have in-stock, but not how many small blue t-shirts vs medium blue t-shirts vs large blue t-shirts, and so on and so forth. It would be really helpful to have this feature :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to add action on printing of packing slip

Would like to have an action added that allows tags to be added when we print a packing slip

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base